Planning Commission News
September 2022 The Hardwick Select Board will be holding a public hearing in the Memorial Building and by Zoom on October 6, 2022 to discuss proposed Zoning bylaw changes to the Hardwick Unified Development Bylaws.
February 11, 2022 The Town of Hardwick will be voting on the question of permitting retail cannabis in Hardwick – Articles 20 & 21 on the ballot. The Planning Commission will be reviewing zoning implications of this vote after Town Meeting day. The State of Vermont has implemented a mandatory 500 feet buffer surrounding school property. Both articles were adopted on March 1, 2022.
Cell Tower Information and AT&T Proposal Announcements
Please Note that the following information pertains only to the telecommunications projects which are required to send notification to the Hardwick Planning Commission. Article 19 of the 2022 Town of Hardwick Annual Town Meeting was adopted on March 1, 2022. The article states: “Shall the Town require its government to provide notice on its website to its residents when the Town receives notice that sources of radiation generated by cell towers/transmitters, Wi-Fi tower transmitters, and 5G antennas are being proposed for licensing and installation within the Town limits.” The Planning Commission does not receive information regarding limited requests (such as new antennas or transmitters). For additional information regarding projects as defined by Article 19, please visit the Town Manager’s web page. Right to Know – Hardwick, Vermont (hardwickvt.gov)
February 11, 2022 The Hardwick Planning Commission Chair, Dave Gross, has compiled a guide for Hardwick citizens. Helpful links are included. Tower Info Statement by Dave Gross – HPC Chair
February 25, 2022 New Cingular Wireless PCS (d/b/a AT&T) has filed a motion to dismiss their petition without prejudice. AT&T Motion to Dismiss – Hopkins Hill 21-3784 PET
February 1, 2022 New Cingular Wireless PCS (d/b/a AT&T) has requested an extension to the public comment period to March 1, 2022.
December 14, 2021 New Cingular Wireless PCS (d/b/a AT&T) has been granted an extension to the public comment period to February 1, 2022.
October 12, 2021 – New Cingular Wireless PCS (d/b/a AT&T) has filed a petition to extend the comment period to December 1, 2021.
September 14, 2021 – New Cingular Wireless PCS (d/b/a AT&T) has filed a petition to receive a certificate of public good to install a wireless telecommunications facility at 1190 Hopkins Hill Road, Hardwick. The petition is 21-3784-PET and has been updated to utilize the existing tower with no height extensions. Documents can be found at ePUC or at the following link: https://drmpllc.sharefile.com/d-sf9a65572088140fcb8b689933f1f567b
August 6, 2021 – Only the 60-day Advance Notification has been filed in VT PUC Case No. 21-1078-AN AT&T 1190 Hopkins Hill Road. Finalized site plans will not be issued until after a July 14th design visit with Hardwick Electric Department. New Cingular Wireless PCS closed the VT PUC Case No 21-1078-AN and instead filed petition 21-3784-PET which is referenced above in the September 14, 2021 announcement.
June 3, 2021 – No information, beyond the 60-day Advance Notification, has been filed in VT PUC Case No. 21-1078-AN AT&T 1190 Hopkins Hill Road by this date.
March 18, 2021 – Please Note that a new AT&T proposal has been forwarded to the Town of Hardwick. This is the 60-day Advance Notification for a Tower Extensio/Collocation. The link to the documents follows: https://drmpllc.sharefile.com/d-scc5e25ae85d144348779b6c92d1048ee
Further information regarding the Public Utility Commission CPG review of VT PUC Case No. 21-1078-AN AT&T 1190 Hopkins Hill Road will be posted electronically on the ePUC. The link to instructions on how to subscribe to a case in ePUC follows:
December 9, 2020 – Please note that a Motion to Dismiss has been filed by AT&T in the Public Utility Commission CPG review. AT&T and their collaborators are withdrawing their application for a cell tower on Buffalo Mountain. AT&T Order granting Closure
The information regarding the Public Utility Commission CPG review of VT PUC Case No. 20-3175-PET: AT&T Hardwick 1061 Cooper Brook Drive can be reviewed electronically on the ePUC. The link to instructions on how to subscribe to a case in ePUC follows:
Wetland Screening Tool
Wetland Screening Tool – The wetland screening tool was developed to help you navigate all the mapping layers which indicate a property may have wetlands on it. In addition to the Vermont Wetland Inventory Maps, the tool also screens for nearby hydric soils, wetland projects, wetland permits, wetland natural community types, and wetland advisory layers. The results for a given property are listed for you to see, with explanations of each layer and recommended next steps. You can also produce a map of the results. To get started, all you need is the 911 address or the SPAN number for an undeveloped property. This tool is recommended for realtors, potential buyers, town administrators, conservation commissions, and landowners. It is the best means of gaining a comprehensive view of potential wetlands on a property short of a site visit by a wetland professional, and understanding the layers you are looking at. You can find the wetland screening tool at https://dec.vermont.gov/
Planning Commission Seat Available
The Hardwick Select Board is accepting letters of interest for one vacant Planning Commission seat.
The Hardwick Planning Commission meets on the second Tuesday night every month at 6:30 pm. The Commission is currently working with the Pedestrian and Traffic Safety Committee to create an extensive review and set of recommendations regarding Pedestrian and Traffic Safety for the downtown and adjacent areas of Hardwick Village.
Interested parties may send a letter or email to the Hardwick Town Manager, David Upson, Jr., at email@example.com or mail to P.O. Box 523, Hardwick 05843. Questions may be directed to Kristen Leahy, Zoning Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 802-472-1686.
The Planning Commission meets at 6:30PM on the second Tuesday of every month. Currently, the Commission is meeting in person on the third floor of the Memorial Building.
The Hardwick Select Board accepted the zoning bylaw changes proposed by the Hardwick Planning Commission at the Select Board meeting on September 21, 2017. The zoning bylaws became effective on October 12, 2017.
Original Hardwick Unified Development Bylaws 9-26-19 Current Version! Updated version became available on September 26, 2019.
- Ken Davis, Vice-Chair (Term expires 6/30/2023)
- Dave Gross, Chair (Term expires 6/30/2025)
- Jim Lewis (Term expires 06/30/2024)
- Joyce Mandeville (Term expires 6/30/2024)
- Michael Haveson (Term expires 6/30/2024)
- Vacancy (Term expires 6/30/2025)
- Shari Cornish (Term expires 6/30/2023)
2022 Agendas & Minutes (PDF files)
- September 13, 2022 Meeting Minutes East Hardwick Walk/Bike Safety Improvement Concepts from Local Motion. VHIP Program Overview VHIP – HUD Fair Market Value
- August 9, 2022 Meeting Minutes August 9, 2022 CDC Report – Attachment
- August 9, 2022 Public Hearing Minutes
July 2022 The Hardwick Planning Commission will be holding a public hearing by Zoom on August 9, 2022 to discuss proposed Zoning bylaw changes to the Hardwick Unified Development Bylaws.
- July 12, 2022 HPC Minutes 1) East Hardwick Audit – DRAFT 2) Comments on draft Audit 3) Proposed Bylaw Updates 4) Local Motion Legislative Update 5) Lamoille Housing update 6) Form-based code vs Traditional Zoning
- June 14, 2022 HPC Minutes
- May 10, 2022 HPC Minutes 1) Proposed Bylaw Updates 2) Map of proposed zoning districtment amendment
- April 12, 2022 HPC Minutes
- March 8, 2022 HPC Minutes PDFs for Minutes: 1) Article 20 & 21 and Discussion 2) Hardwick Elem 500′ Cannabis Exclusion Map 3) Hazen 500′ Cannabis Exclusion Map 4) Current Accessory Dwelling zoning bylaw with proposed language 5) Topics of Reform – ADUs 6) Article 19 in the 2022 Town Meeting Ballot 7) Tower Info Statement by Dave Gross – HPC Chair 8) AT&T Motion to Dismiss – Hopkins Hill 21-3784 PET
- February 8, 2022 HPC Minutes 1) Municipal Guidance from the Cannabis Control Board 2) Stowe PC zoning questions 3) cannabis_control_commissionsqa 4) Planning for Retail Cannabis 5) Retail Cannabis from VLCT
- The January 11, 2022 Meeting was canceled due to the medical leave of the Zoning Administrator.
2021 Agendas & Minutes (PDF files)
- December 14, 2021 HPC DRAFT Minutes Hardwick ST BP21(3) (TH-3 21P344) as 22 VSA 14 NAE
- November 9, 2021 HPC Minutes Letter for New Cingular Wireless PCS LLC at Hopkins Hill – EPUC Main Street Audit DRAFT Mill Street Audit DRAFT
- October 12, 2021 HPC Minutes PDFs for Minutes: 1.) Town Notice regarding Bayley Hazen Road 2) Meeting Minutes from September 17 with DuBois & King 3) Hearing Notice for Woodbury Town Plan 4) Woodbury Town Plan Information 5) Natural Resources Inventory 6)West Church Street Audit DRAFT 7) Crossing Treatment Guidelines January_2015 8)Petition for 21-3784-PET 9) 7.Notice of Filing of Petition and Certificate of Service (1) 10) 21-3784 Project Narrative – Limited Size and Scope Hopkins Hill 11) ATT-JD-03.Site Plan. Hardwick
- September 14, 2021 HPC Minutes 1) Responses from D&K to HPC inquiries
- August 10, 2021 HPC Minutes 1) Hardwick Bike & Ped Safety Walk Through Meeting Minutes 2) z19v425_Preliminary Plans 3) Summary Report for Hardwick Bridge Revival Workshop
- July 13, 2021 HPC Minutes 1) Final Recommendations with VTRANs comments 2) DuBois & King Parking Space Evaluation
- June 8, 2021 HPC Minutes 1) Kalmar letter 5-18-21 (pdf) 2) Kelty email 5-19-21 (pdf) 3) Ruskin email 5-20-21 (pdf) 4) Original Cloud Alliance order from PUC – June 2011 (pdf) 5) Select Board Meeting-March 17, 2011 (pdf) 6) Select Board Meeting-Aril 07, 2011 (pdf)
- May 18, 2021 HPC Minutes 1.) Concerns of Neighbors – Hopkins Hill project (pdf) 2)Speed Humps (pdf) 3)Work with the Conservation Commission (pdf)
- April 13, 2021 HPC Minutes 1.Narrative.Hardwick 2) Exhibit A AT&T Hardwick Statement of Rights and Opportunities 3.) Exhibit B AT&T Hardwick Propagation Maps 4.) Exhibit C AT&T Hardwick Site Plans 5.) Exhibit D AT&T Hardwick Viewshed Analysis and Photographic Simulations 6.) Exhibit E AT&T Hardwick LOA Cloud Alliance 7.) Additional Information for the Inn by the River project 8) Kelty Comments re AT&T
- AT&T power point presentation for April 13, 2021 – https://drmpllc.sharefile.com/d-s83fdccf344064cb482ad217a45a620f7
- March 9, 2021 HPC Minutes
- February 9, 2021 HPC Minutes 1) Inn by the River application for a certificate of public good 2) Pedestrian Bridge update 3) Letter of support Template 4) Compact Residential District 5) Hardwick Zoning Committee 12.08.2020 6) Zoning District Map
- January 12, 2021 HPC Minutes 1) AT&T Response to Motion to Dismiss – HPC – 2020 2) AT&T Order granting Closure 3) BetterConnections_LetterofIntentFY21 (Hardwick DRAFT) 4) Cannabis Question for the HPC 5) VT-Act-164-Fact-Sheet-1201020-Updated-V21 6) Rural Residential District 7) Inn by the River Proposed net-meter project 45-day notice
2020 Agendas & Minutes (PDF files)
- December 8, 2020 HPC Minutes 1) Emails to HPC – 12-8-20 2) Gregonis Filing – 12-8-20 3) Motion to Dismiss – Gregonis 12-8-20 4) Rinkers Supreme Court Decision – 12-8-20 5) Hutchins Study
- November 23, 2020 HPC Minutes 1) ATT.Hardwick.Tolling.Agreement.Letter.11.20.2020 FINAL 2) L. & W. Renaud Letter to HPC 3) Hardwick Planning Commission – Suzanna Jones 4) E Court decision-Rinkers 5) Entry Order – Rinkers Tower 6) Town Plan language re At&t tower 7) AT&T cell tower request information – https://drmpllc.sharefile.com/d-se1941d4423b4465a
- November 10, 2020 HPC Minutes StatutoryChanges2020 CPR-Z4GN-Guide-Final-web Letter to SB 10 15 20 ped traffic task force
- October 13, 2020 HPC Minutes
- September 16, 2020 HPC Minutes Town Manager Update
- August 11, 2020 HPC Minutes
- July 14, 2020 HPC Minutes Recommendations for Select Board – Complete Set
- June 9, 2020 HPC Minutes
- March 10, 2020 HPC Minutes Additions to HPC Meeting Minutes for March 10, 2020
- February 11, 2020 HPC Minutes
- January 14, 2020 HPC Minutes
2019 Agendas & Minutes (PDF files)
- December 10, 2019 HPC Minutes
- November 5, 2019 HPC Minutes
- October 8, 2019 HPC Minutes
- September 27, 2019 HPC Minutes Downtown
- September 10, 2019 HPC Minutes Encore Solar Hardwick VT15 Transportation Assessment
- September 3, 2019 Public Hearing Minutes -Municipal Plan update Municipal Plan comments DRAFT 2019 Town Plan Hardwick plan maps HPC Report for Municipal Plan Update – 9-3-19 Solicitation for Comments – 9-3-19
- August 13, 2019 Public Hearing Minutes – Zoning Bylaw update August 13, 2019 HPC Minutes August 13, 2019 Public Hearing for Bylaw Amendment – Hearing Notice for Bylaw Amendment – August 13, 2019 Zoning Bylaw Amendment – August 2019 PC Reporting Form for Bylaw -08-13-19
- July 30, 2019 HPC Minutes
- July 9, 2019 HPC Minutes
- June 25, 2019 HPC Minutes Davis Solar 45 Day Power Sports letter
- May 14, 2019 Public Meeting Minutes Hearing Notice for Bylaw Amendment – May 14, 2019 Zoning Bylaw Change – 2019 Full Context
- May 14, 2019 HPC Minutes
- April 1, 2019 HPC Minutes
- March 12, 2019 HPC Minutes Yellow Barn Project – Draft Parklet – Supporting Documentation Zoning Bylaw Change – 2019
- January 8, 2019 HPC Minutes Review of Zoning Boundary change to Route 15 W Comparing CR & HMU Comparing RR & HMU
2018 Agendas & Minutes (PDF files)
- December 11, 2018 HPC Minutes Conservation Commission Proposal
- October 9, 2018 HPC Minutes Town Plan abbreviated Gates & Rivard request to HPC Rivard & Gates proposal 2018
- September 11, 2018 HPC Minutes
- August 14, 2018 HPC Minutes 2019 Hardwick Plan – 2018 Editing Planning-for-prevention_Final
- July 10, 2018 HPC Minutes Kingdom Roads – Safer Walking and Biking in Craftsbury, Greensboro, Hardwick and Barton Vermont Hardwick VT15 Transportation Assessment Pollinator Friendly
- June 12, 2018 HPC Minutes
- May 8,https://hardwickvt.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/July-10-2018-PC-Agenda.pdf 2018 HPC Minutes
- April 10, 2018 HPC Minutes Novus Hardwick Solar, LLC – Notice prior to seeking CPG
- February 13, 2018 HPC Minutes What Places do You Love
- Town of Hardwick Solar Project – Notice prior to seeking CPG
- January 9, 2018 HPC Minutes
2017 Agendas & Minutes (PDF files)
- November 14, 2017 HPC Minutes
- October 10, 2017 HPC Minutes HPC Minute attachments for October 10, 2017
- September 12, 2017 HPC Minutes
- August 8, 2017 HPC Minutes
- August 8, 2017 HPC Minutes – Public Hearing
- July 11, 2017 HPC Minutes
- June 13, 2017 HPC Minutes Nisbet Request
- May 22, 2017 HPC Minutes Sutton Bylaw overview
- April 11, 2017 HPC Public Meeting Minutes
- March 28, 2017 HPC Minutes
2016 Agendas & Minutes (PDF files)
- December 13 2016 HPC Minutes performance-standards
- november-8-2016-hpc-minutes notes-from-draft-tactical-basin-plan
- october-11-2016-hpc-minutes state-model-4 River Corridor – Img002
- September-13-2016-hpc-minutes Hardwick_UDB_09-13-16
- August 9, 2016 HPC Minutes
- July 12, 2016 HPC Minutes
- June 28, 2016 HPC Minutes Article1and2.Proposed.Part.6.28.16 Article4.Proposed.Part.6.28.16 Article7.Proposed.6.28.16
- May 10, 2016 HPC Minutes Title 10, Chapter 21 Local Act 250 Review
- April 12, 2016 HPC Minutes Burlington Bylaws-Signs
- March 8, 2016 HPC Minutes
- February 9, 2016 HPC Minutes
- January 11, 2016 HPC Minutes