Memorial Park & Building


Memorial Building

In the Hardwick Gazette from February 7, 1907 and October 15, 1908 George Washington Bridgman writes letters to the Trustees that the G.A.R. and W.R.C. are setting up a fund and raising money for a memorial for Civil War veterans. In September 2, 1909 issue the Gazette reports that at a town meeting the majority of voters wished to have a building instead of a monument. The spectacular granite & stone building that included white marble tablets carved with the names of Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, the Mexican War, the Spanish-American War (1898) as well as the Civil War veterans was completed and dedicated in a ceremony on February 29, 1913.