The Town of Hardwick is closely monitoring the evolving situation for the COVID-19 outbreak impacting our region. At this phase town services have not been negatively impacted but potentially could be depending on the severity of the outbreak moving forward. At this time, we are following procedures and recommendations outlined by the Vermont Department of Health. Please do your part at this time and follow this guidance to limit the spread of the Coronavirus;
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. Follow up with hand washing after.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
It will be reasonable to assume for all of us our day-to-day activities could be impacted moving forward but an excessive reaction is not warranted at this time. Per Vermont Emergency Management update from March 11, “…it is reasonable for older adults and persons with underlying health conditions to consider not attending a mass gathering event. Health Department and Agency of Education officials continue to work with colleges, universities, and other educational institutions on guidance about potential closures of their facilities. The Health Department is focused on ensuring its most vulnerable populations are protected, and is working to continuously update guidance and address emerging needs of long-term care facilities as new information becomes available.”
For the most up-to-date information and resources on COVID – 19 please visit this Vermont Department of Health link
In addition, you can call 211 for information as well.
As noted, please follow the precautionary procedures listed above and use the Vermont Department of Health resources to keep informed on most current advisories and recommendations.